The call for applications for a Model European Union (MEU) is now open.
MEU 2023 will be held in Seoul on May 25-26, 2023 (Thursday-Friday) with the support of the Delegation of the European Union to the Republic of Korea. The overall purpose of the MEU is to provide a framework for a simulation of the decision-making process of the EU Council and Council of the European Union. The preparatory training and the simulation provide all participants with a better understanding of the EU, of its decision-making process, its politics and policies, as well as of major current issues of international relations. Also, the simulation should provide participants with opportunities to develop their skills and techniques at negotiation and conflict resolution, public speaking, debate, expository writing, logic and reasoning, small-group dynamics, leadership, and problem- solving.
The topics of the MEU2023 are ‘Digital Cooperation’ for the session that will be held in Korean and; ‘Climate Action’ for the session that will be held in English.
The roles envisaged for each simulation are:
- 2 EU Commission representatives
- 2 Secretariat representatives
- 27 Ministers of the EU Member States
- 10 journalists
At the end of the simulation, participants will receive a certificate signed by the EU Ambassador. The 3 best students, will win a 2-week summer School in summer 2023 in Brussels, Belgium.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Korean students interested in global issues such as EU, International Organizations, climate and digital agendas.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE?
1. Visit the official Facebook page “MEU KOREA”.
2. Access the Google Form HERE.
3. Submit your application (in English), consisting in the following items:
- An updated CV
- A 2-minutes self-introduction video
WHAT TO KEEP IN MIND?
- Topics: Climate Action (in English) and Digital Cooperation (in Korean).
- Deadline for applications: 14 April 2023.
- Date of MEU: 25-26 May 2023.